The communication technology that most interests me is the cell phone. We all love them, and we all cant live with out them! I on the hand have been phone less for one week already and it has opened my eyes on how much more required this technology is. If you have been phone- less for more than 24 hours then you understand the frustration and inconvenience you go through with out having access to phone calls, email, Internet, and text messaging at the tip of your fingers. I applaud all the hard work it took to invent this technology that 82% of Americans own today. According to the class lectures, Dr. Martin Cooper invented the first cell phone in 1973. I find it hard to believe why this type of technology didn’t reach popularity right away. I understand that they were big and bulky looking cell phones, and nobody wants to be caring a phone the size of a hair dryer. But what might have been inconvenient and expensive back than is now affordable and modern for us today. Every year I see my little cousins and other children asking for cell phones. Majority of these children are in elementary and middle school. I was a freshmen in high school when I was given my first cell phone, and I always ask myself, “ How did I communicate with out it?” When I was in elementary and middle school, my form of text messages was spending class periods writing letters to all my friends, and passing it to them during passing periods or on the school bus. Its funny and interesting on how much time has changed and how this technology is a necessity to all. Although, I know everyone is interested in this technology like I am, it’s always good to know what’s next in the world of cell phone technology. I can’t wait to see what the future of cell phones will come too.
I totally agree with you. I recently lost my phone for about 12 hours and I felt completely disconnected from everyone. I was in a state of panic. We are so dependent on this technology. I thought it was somewhat ironic that I found my phone using an app called "find my phone" which locates it using your computer and the iPhone location feature. It is amazing what we can do with only our smart phones!
ReplyDeleteFernando Garcia
Yes I agree as well. We all have a communication technology that we just can't live without, but i'd have to say that the cell phone has to be in the number one spot. My cell phone is pretty much permanently attatched to my hand, and goes with me every where. I remember when my phone broke, and I too was in a state of panic. It's sad but I felt incomplete, because my phone is how I stay connected to everyone that's close to me in my life.
ReplyDeletePorshia Hinds
@01166200
I agree. I can't believe how dependent I have become to it over the years. I find myself getting out of the car grabbing my book bag and purse and making sure the phone is in my hand as I walk to class or anywhere for that matter. I love how at the touch of a button everything you may need is right there. I too look forward to seeing what inventions and new ways for us to communicate they will think of next.
ReplyDeleteKelly Waters
I agree with everything you said. I can't make it a couple of days without mine before I feel unattached from the world. I love being able to just send a quick text vs. having to call someone who loves to talk and you know will keep you on the phone all day. I do wish people would put the phone away in the car though. It's almost guaranteed when I get cut off driving around S.A. that as soon as I pull up next to the car they will be on a cell phone. Hopefully everything will become voice automated, especially texting.
ReplyDeleteRicardo Reyna